In my Writing 101 class my next assignment is writing a list. For my list, I gave myself 15 minutes and typed a list of the things I like. (List is not typed in any particular order)
Today, let’s write a list. Compiling a list is a way to let loose, unlock ideas, and free your mind. There are no rules, though it might help to decide in advance how many items you’d like to include, or set a timer, so you have boundaries within which to work.
- Cat videos on youtube. I can’t help myself. I spend hours watching them.
- Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream (Really who doesn’t)
- When feeling guilty about #2, Ben and Jerry’s frozen yogurt
- Astrophotography – I wish I could do this myself, but lack the money to actually buy the equipment. I love the pictures people post on Facebook though.
- Pasta and Italian restaurants – the reason why my weight loss attempts have failed.
- Pizza – Second reason why my weight loss attempts have failed.
- Twitter – Not a complete addict yet, but find myself checking my twitter account frequently.
- A visit to the neurologist that goes well with no surprises. I don’t like surprises.
- Minimal side effects from my meds.
- When I can manage my epilepsy well. (As apposed to when things start to go badly and you have poor seizure control.)
- Netflix marathons – I have recently started watching marathons of various TV shows on netflix. I just started watching “The Walking Dead”
- World Peace and politicians peacefully solving world problems. I’m not sure this will happen anytime soon, but I like the idea.
- A cure for epilepsy. I saved the best for last. I am not sure this will happen anytime soon either, but I remain hopeful.