I meant to make this a theme for my blog while I was doing my weight loss challenge. I will have to try that another time. I did learn a lot during this particular challenge. Here is a summary of the results.
The Results of my Weight Loss Challenge
- The Nutritionist – In theory, this was a good idea. However, the schedule of the nutritionist that I was referred to and my schedule did not agree at all and he/she was incredibly busy. I will have to keep trying now that I have more free time.
- Modified Atkins – Since I was not able to see a nutritionist and was essentially guessing, I am not sure if I was following the modified atkins diet. I tried to keep my carb intake as low as possible, which was hard since I like yogurt and pasta. I ate a lot of smoked salmon, albacore tuna, and avocado to make sure that I ate some healthy fats. I also ate my fair share of eggs and cheese. I also incorporated some low carb veggies into my diet.
- Pinterest – This was a goldmine of information on modified atkins recipies. I was a little clueless at first on finding good recipies that were low carb.
- Restaurants – I decided to just not go to restaurants during the weight loss challenge. I saved some money as a bonus.
- Exercise – I got off to a good start by exercising 3 or 4 times a week. That is pretty good for me. I was doing some basic cardio (crunches, sit-ups, lunges, etc). I did not think that I could afford to pay for a monthly gym membership, so I tried the free alternative. My exercise routine slowed down considerably after the first few weeks.
I managed to lose 8 pounds during the weight loss challenge! I did not win the weight loss challenge, but I proved to myself that I can lose weight. If I see a nutritionist to get some expert advice on the modified atkins diet and exercise more, I think I will lose even more weight.